As the Google Doodle suggests, it is Mark Twain’s Birthday today. To celebrate this along with our love of tattoos, our support of Movember, and the fact that THIS IS OUR 200th POST, here is a tattoo of the fellow by Russ Abbott of Ink & Dagger Tattoo Parlour, Decatur, GA, USA.
“Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”
Today is the final day of Movember, and Men all around the nation will soon be shaving off their 30 days worth of fuzz.
But wait! Put down that razor! Moustaches aren’t just for Movember, here are a few reasons you should keep the ‘stache going.
1. It hasn’t even started getting good yet! Even the densest of lip ticklers doesn’t really start getting good until a couple of months in. It would be a waste to shave it off having just got out of the peach fuzz phase.
2. It’ll keep your face warm. In case you hadn’t noticed, it’s now winter. Cold times are a-comin’, and there is no better way to stay warm than to grow a nice little rug under your nose.
3. It’s a great ice breaker. Are you a little shy around the ladies? Having a big ol’ curly handlebar is a great conversation starter, and people will actually start coming up to talk to you instead of vice versa.
4. You will never get bored. Pulling faces in the mirror reaches a whole new level when you have a moustache. Throw a pipe into the mix and you can sell that x-box thingy that is sure to just gather dust in the corner. There is also the hours of fun to be had twiddling the ends like a silent movie villain.
5. You now have the potential to look amazing! Seriously, you have no idea what kind of awesomeness awaits you in a few weeks time. Who knows, before too long you could be as stylish as this fine chap.
So I beg of you, gentlemen of the nation, keep your mo’s intact. And while you’re at it send us a picture! I’d love to do a feature on our reader’s facial hair.
Until next time, keep it hairy.
God created the Heavens, he created the earth! He created all the Hulkamaniacs! Then, he created a set of 24-inch pythons, brother!
As our lady followers may feel left out with all of the tachetosterone flying about the place due to Movember, I want to remind you fillies that behind every great gentleman is a lady… a lady with a moustache.
I am loving Stacey Martin’s art right now.
I’m not even going to explain anything about this video. Just watch it and bask in the beautiful violence.
Phil Kyle recently wrote this brilliant post for Tattoo Artist Magazine blog, which goes into his views how scratchers are affecting tattooing. It also shows some of his outstanding work alongside some homemade “tattoos”.
He speaks with such an inimitable passion, it’s clear he loves what he does for a living, and his views on how these self taught “artists” are ruining this age old craft is just as clear. And if you are thinking about buying one of these kits from some dodgy website, give Mr Kyle’s article a read. And if you still want to buy one, don’t come back here, because you’re not bloody welcome.
“Yo dawg, we heard you like bareknuckle boxing so we put a bareknuckle boxer on you so you can watch a bareknuckle boxer while you bareknuckle box” ~ TwizzyBoy
A lovely chap from the U S of A emailed in to show us his super cool tattoo. This is an activity that we very much encourage! We will of course share anything you chaps send in, unless it’s rubbish that is. Which this most definitely is not.
Tattoo by Eric Edwards from Hudson River Tattoo in New York.